I can hardly believe that a year has gone by. I mean, if I really think about it, it does feel like quite a bit of time has passed since she was born. You know, because she cried the first 6 months of her life... yeah, that made the days a little long. But oh the joy that sweet Harper has now, it makes all the tears worth it! I sang "Happy birthday" to her when I went in to get her, and she just looked at me like I was so weird. She should probably get used to it. That won't be the only time I embarrass her! I decided to let her try eggs for her birthday breakfast (I'm taking it slow with common allergy foods, since she has had some issues), and she wasn't interested in them at all. She chunked them to the ground and once again, gave me her look. I quickly got her usual breakfast (blueberry waffle) to her tray, and everything was great. We have had a fun day... lunch at home, played a long time at the park, read a lot of books, and tickled the ivories for a while. Yes, Auntee LC got her a piano for her birthday. She loves it! We'll be going to dinner tonight and then will probably head to Sprinkles for her first taste of a cupcake. In fact, she probably can't even fall asleep right now because she's so excited about it. Here are some pictures I've taken of her today... Enjoy!
She allowed her birthday hat to be on for about .2 seconds!
At least it was long enough for a picture.
Look at the lip! I actually think she had food in her mouth,
but it definitely looks like she is pouting!
Doing what she loves the most... swinging!
And all day, this is what I've envisioned...
the prints of the outfits are the same!
Today has been a fun day, thinking about March 11, 2009 and all that happened that day. I think I'll take a little walk down memory lane...
All hooked up and ready to go...
If you read my blog last year, I was sad because Mean Nurse Kathy did my IV wrong,
so Nice Nurse Tracy had to fix it.
Corby thought it was a good idea to capture my contractions.
Just doing a little g-chatting... I think this was with Shannon!
Things were going well until BOOM...
Harper needed more oxygen and I had a fever
LC brought some birthday presents for Harper!
It was the perfect timing too!
This was right before my doctor told me "We need to get her out of there"!
And so at 5:42pm...
My precious baby was born!
Happy Birthday, Harper girl!
11 comments:
Happy Birthday Harper!! You are so loved!
What a blessed day March 11, 2009 was. Oh how God has blessed us with your presence sweet Harper Ann!!!!!!
Can't wait to hug, kiss and hold you tomorrow.
Love,
Gama and Pop Pop
Happy Birthday Harper! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you, but I have a fun present coming your way!
Happy Birthday, sweet Harper Ann!! What a wonderful blessing from God you have been!!! I can't wait to celebrate with you at your big party. You're gonna' love birthday cake!! Love, Kay-Kay
(The picture of her in the birthday hat made me laugh out loud!)
Happy Birthday, sweet Harper Ann!! What a wonderful blessing from God you have been!!! I can't wait to celebrate with you at your big party. You're gonna' love birthday cake!! Love, Kay-Kay
(The picture of her in the birthday hat made me laugh out loud!)
Happy Birthday Harper!!!
Precious precious little Harper! It seems like yesterday when I was stalking fbook to hear of your arrival! You are so dainty and darling and sweet. And you have a super duper cool mommy!! Happy birthday sweet girl!
This made me get all teary eyed, looking at her birth day last year. (Selfishly, I think "come on Dyer!") Happy birthday to sweet Harper, and congrats to Lauren & Corby for making it through the first year!!!
So I have seen LOTS of newborns and many even at 1 yr old and I must say that Harper is the only baby I've seen that ooks the exact same at day 1 and year 1! She is precious!
Wow...I don't think a blog post has ever brought tears to my eyes like this one did! I know I've already told you this, but Happy Birthday Harper Girl!
Precious girl, I hope your birthday was happy! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you! You have such a wonderful mommy and daddy, too! We love you bunches!
Post a Comment