Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Just act cool...maybe she won't notice"

I put Harper down for her nap, and she went along with it, like she always does. Our routine is that I turn on her music, put her in bed with her paci, rub her hair a little and then she's usually out. It really has become that simple... or so I thought. She was being pretty quiet, so I turned on the monitor, and this is what I saw...



Looks like somebody has learned how to completely roll over in her crib. She was as pleased as could be that she had finally done this. It was fine for a while, but since there isn't enough room for her to roll back to her back, she became very frustrated. I put her back on her back, left the room, turned on the monitor, and there she is again... back on her tummy, screaming bloody murder! She has no idea how to fall asleep on her stomach. She had finally worn herself out so much that when I went in and rolled her back, she fell right to sleep. This will hopefully be short term... oh wait, I just turned on the monitor and look who rolled over in her sleep and is now awake... yes, that would be Harper. But it appears she might choose to just sleep on her tummy. Sleeping just got a lot more interesting! 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh yes, that did a doozy on the sleeping thing for Iz too!! Harper is sooo cute, she is changing so fast! It is crazy how fast they develop their little look out of that newborn stage to more of the infant stage! So fun!

the osbornes said...

Oh how I remember those days! Don't worry, it will be short-lived. She'll learn to fall asleep on her belly, and maybe even prefer it. And she'll also figure out how to get back on her back more easily. Be prepared for some more disrupted sleep later on when she learns to stand up but can't get back down yet!!

Linds said...

Brayden will only sleep on his belly during the day. Should he turn to his back, he will scream. and scream. and scream. Let me know if you figure anything out. I usually give in after 45 minutes and just call it quits.