Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thanks, but no thanks Cervadil

Well.... it wasn't completely useless. My cervix is a little bit thinner and softer, but not what I had hoped it would be. I just showered, dried and even chi-ed my hair (Thanks Tiff!). I know it may shock you, but last night when I asked Kathy about taking a shower, she chuckled and told me I'd only have 30 minutes. Well, because Tiff was back with me this morning, she allowed me all the time I wanted... simply because she said she'd be the same way. So at least I feel really clean... obviously this feeling won't last very long. My doctor is headed down to break my water and probably start the pitocin soon after. Just pray that all of this works! Thanks so much! 


Don't let the smile fool you... pretty sure it's only temporary! 

13 comments:

Julia Acosta said...

I love Tiff!!! Still praying that everything goes smoothly. Love you!

Whitney said...

Lauren....I am praying for you today! I absolutely love the updated blog posts of the morning!!!
Good luck today! You look beautiful! DOWN WITH KATHY!

Brent said...

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you are in good hands!

Brent

Kacy said...

You are so funny. Can't wait to see pics of my new niece!

Linds said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard... you might have to publish your labor story! And Kathy needs to be kicked to the curb-- what a pain!!!! I am pretty sure Kathy needs to trip on her shoe laces and go home!

Christy said...

Praying all goes well!

Unknown said...

Oh I am sooo glad you got to shower!! I know that can make all the difference!! I hope the Pitocin kicks things into gear for you!!! I had a nurse like Kathy too....and ughh, don't they just make this "supposed to be incredible experience" not as enjoyable!

Jared and Risa said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so soon so soon!!! So exciting! And yay for Tiff!

The Slonekers said...

Ha ha! Are you wearing a Cardigan over your hospital gown! Typical! Did you ask for an A-Line Skirt to go with it?! :) I hope everything is going well now! Can't wait for Lindsey to post an update of that sweet Harper's face! I'll be praying and checking for updates all day! Love you!

Mary Ann said...

I am praying for you to have a safe and healthy birth!

Unknown said...

you look beautiful!!! praying...love you!!!!!!!

RachB said...

I have a feeling this labor story is only going to get much better! I want to smack ol Kathy!!! So glad you got a shower and some chi action!! Praying for y'all!

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Yay Tiff!! I am so glad you're updating! Love it!! And Aghhh so much better to start off with a shower, Chi-ed hair and a little make-up, I mean think of all the pics you're taking today! :) My whole fam made fun of me for getting ready but C'Mon ... There's just something to be said for feeling clean and ready!! I hope today everything goes smooth like butter and that Harper makes her arrival EARLY!!! Yyyaaayyy!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for y'all!! Keep the posts coming!! :)