Friday, March 30, 2012

Sweet Catherine Della Grandle

This week didn't turn out quite like I expected. On Monday, I had texted a lot with my friend, Mare, throughout the day. We laughed a lot... especially about how large and in charge Jessica Simpson is as a pregnant lady! Poor girl is so short! Anyway, I got a text around 4:30 saying, "I need you here now". Thankfully my neighbor was home, so I dropped Harper off and drove (like a wild woman) to the hospital. Her husband was in Memphis, so I was so glad I was able to be there so quickly. Things weren't good, and it was obvious the moment I saw Mare. She has written some great posts about the last few days... so go to her blog.

Among all of the heartache that has come with losing Catherine, I have been reminded of some simple truths. These are the concepts Harper has learned at church. God is good. He is ALWAYS good. God is in charge of everything. Everything. Mare's water breaking...He knew that was going to happen. Sweet Catherine going to be with Jesus forever... He knew that was going to happen too. And through all of this, He is still good. It doesn't make this easy, but it helps me to know that someone is actually in charge of all of this. Please pray for Mare and Reid. Peace as they deal with the loss of Catherine. Strength for each day, not knowing what each hour will bring. Stability for her body, to keep those babies inside and growing. Thank you in advance for the prayers!

1 comment:

Linds said...

I've been thinking the same things this week as I grieve for them. Thanks for the reminder! So glad that you can be there for her during all of this time!