
First of all, can I just say that I couldn't be more proud than I am for Leah?!?! She graduated on Saturday from college... and what a journey this has been! I feel like there was a point a few years ago when I wasn't sure if this day would come. She is extremely bright, so it wasn't that I didn't think she would pass... I just didn't know if she had the drive to continue. Her Freshman and Sophomore years were just as they should be- making new friends, becoming a part of a sorority, sleeping until late afternoon, skipping class, and becoming even closer with those friends that had always been a part of her life. The summer before her Junior year, everything changed. Her best friend since kindergarten (also her roommate those first two years in college) passed away from a tragic car accident. Leah's world was absolutely rocked. For her, that was the last straw after dealing with some other family situations. So when I say that I couldn't be more proud, I just don't think those words are enough! The loneliness she has dealt with over the years thankfully brought her closer to the Lord. She has persevered and allowed the Lord to lead her life, and it is because of Him that she is where she is today. Leah... you amaze me and I love you more than words could ever express!!!
I know everyone else says it, but I'm the one with the greatest mom in the entire world. If you know her, you're agreeing right now... and if you don't know her, then you probably should! I seriously hope that I can be at least half as great of a mom as she has been! I know I haven't gone into details about my family, and I'll continue to keep it that way. However, you must know that my mom has been such an amazing example of strength, grace, and love. The Lord has been her priority, regardless of what is going on in her world. She makes me want to know Jesus more each and every day. I certainly pray Harper can say that one day about me. I wish she lived right next door so I could hug her right now! Thankfully I just have a few more days until I get to see her again!!!! Happy Mother's Day, Momma! I love you so very much!!!
3 comments:
I must say I have been blessed to meet that Momma of yours...I have only met her once but that is all I needed to know that everything you just said about her is correct.
You, your mom and both of your sisters are such a blessing to me (even though I only "know" Lindsey).
I just can't decide if I love Leah or Kay more.
Lauren, I couldnt agree more! Your mom is absolutely amazing! I'm so thankful to have had her in my life.
Post a Comment