Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2/3 of a year old!

Harper is 8 months old today, and once again... I can hardly believe it! She is more precious than ever, and of course, we are loving every minute with her. She is definitely a growing girl. More than once this week, I was told she is such a big baby. I never know what to say to that, because really... she is below average with weight, but she is certainly growing. Here are some of the things she is doing at 8 months:

-Sleeping 11-12 hours at night, and lately taking 2, 2 hour naps... I think we are finished with the 30 minute naps! Yay!
-She is talking more and loves to yell
-Still not crawling but wants to SO badly! From the sitting up position, she throws herself forward and just ends up on her back. Sweet thing will learn it soon!
-She definitely prefers her momma and daddy. She has no interest in the church nursery, but I am determined for that to change... so we still drop her off every week. She is getting better with babysitters.
-Every time she has something in her left hand, she daintily shakes it above her head... it's one of our favorite things lately!
-She has 3 meals and 4 bottles a day... her favorite foods are sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, pears, yogurt, and when you mix any of those together... it's extra delicious!
-She LOVES puffs and any other table food that she can feed herself. She gets toast in the morning with her food, and that is a fan favorite.
-Still mastering the sippy cup, but I am really proud of her! She loves water!
-She is really looking forward to her first major holidays... Thanksgiving and Christmas! Holidays have always been a really big deal in my family, and I definitely plan on making them a huge deal for our family!

I took some pictures of her at the park... I thought they turned out pretty cute!

She enjoyed the swing for over an hour!

She also chewed on her finger the majority of the time.

One of her more serious moments

Looking innocent for the camera

Quite the multitasker... swinging and chewing on her foot!

And yes, her birthday party plans are in the works. I think about it often!

4 comments:

Linds said...

that last pic is hilarious! I wish we lived closer so that Brayden and Harper could meet!
PS-- when did you start yogurt? I've been wondering when I could give that to B.

Rebekah said...

oh my word...so cute! she looks like cilla with her foot in her mouth! happy 8 months, harper! you girls need to quit growing up so fast!!!

Kay Daniels said...

Oh my! Picture #3 is priceless...I mean, that face.....what is she thinking??? Love them all!

Kay-Kay

The Slonekers said...

Can Del and I please be invited to Harper's Birthday Party?